The Equality Commission for Northern Ireland is a non- departmental public body which promotes equality and challenges discrimination.
Our services include:
- giving advice and support to individuals with potentialcomplaints under the anti-discrimination law;
- giving guidance to employers and service providersabout their obligations under the law and good practice
- encouraging public authorities to promote equality ofopportunity and address inequalities in fulfilling their
equality and good relations duties;
- ensuring that equality considerations are central to decision-making.
Why the Equality Commission for Northern Ireland is supporting Boardroom Apprentice
“It is a practical way to further a Commission priority, which is to promote Participation in Public Life by groups that are currently under-represented, i.e. disabled people, women and minority ethnic people.”
Location of Board and Committee Meetings
Due to the Pandemic, all meetings are currently being held Virtually – so it is essential the Boardroom Apprentice has access to WIFI and IT equipment to enable Board/Committee papers to be downloaded in advance of the meetings.
Frequency and timing of board/committee meetings
Board meetings are held on the 4th Wednesday of each month between 1.30pm -4.30pm
Please note – No meetings take place in JULY or DEC
Date of Board Meetings (September 2021 – August 2022)
Wednesday 22 September 2021 Wednesday 27 October 2021 Wednesday 24 November 2021 (2022 not timetabled yet)
they are normally the 4th Wednesday of each month
Committee of the Boards and meeting dates (September 2021 – August 2022)
Audit & Risk Committee
- 8 September
- 10 November SDIC Committee
- 15 September
- 17 December
Boardroom Apprentice welcome to attend these too as a learning opportunity.