Groundwork NI (GWNI) is a community development and regeneration Charity based in Northern Ireland (NI). Our services and support have been changing lives for 30 years across some of the most challenging periods in recent Northern Irish history. Our current services include:
- Community Gardens and Horticulture Initiatives
- Women’s Leadership Programmes
- Grant management of Community Benefit Funds for landfill and wind farm.
- Accredited Horticulture training and development opportunities
- Healthy living/eating programmes
- School Shed – Good relations/peace and reconciliation programme
- “Green” volunteering opportunities across all of our programmes
- Beacons – an environmentally friendly alternative to Bonfires
- Mens Shed’s – Support to over 80 Sheds across Northern Ireland.
Why Groundwork NI is supporting Boardroom Apprentice
We believe in the program and its impact. We know that it not only benefits the apprentice but our board, and our wider organisation.
Location of Board and Committee Meetings
Board meetings held at GWNI HQ 63-75 Duncairn Gardens, Belfast.
Committee meetings facilitated online
Frequency and timing of board/committee meetings
Board meetings occur once per quarter
Committee meetings occur once per quarter
Times vary dependant upon committee or board but normally between 4 and 6 pm.
Date of Board Meetings (September 2022 – August 2023)
22 February 4.00 pm
31 May 10.00 am
30 August 4.00 pm
29 November 10.30 am
29 November 10.00 am
Committee of the Boards and meeting dates (September 2022 – August 2023)
Governance and Audit Committee
1 February 4.00 pm
3 May 9.30 am
2 August 4.00 pm
1 November 9.30 am
Business Development Committee
8 February 4.00 pm
10 May 4.00 pm
9 August 4.00 pm
8 November 4.00 pm
Finance and Personnel Committee
15 February 4.00 pm
17 May 4.00 pm
16 August 4.00 pm
15 November 4.00 pm