Threshold has been established in Northern Ireland for thirty years as a well-regarded provider of specialist therapeutic services for those who have a Severe and Enduring Mental Illness. It provides care and support for between 250-300 people within its residential services and through its outreach work, which enables people to remain living in their own homes. Its difference and focus is on maximising therapeutic work/atmospheres with those in its care to help them recover from their illness and rehabilitate back into the community.
Its mission is:
“To be at the threshold of developments in mental health for people at risk or recovering from mental illness, so that they are enabled to live full and independent lives in the community.”
Its core values are:
- Provide a safe and secure base for people with severe mental illness
- Ensure each client has an individual support and care plan
- Offer emotional understanding of psychosis/severe mental illness
- Provide staff with individualised training at pre and post professional qualification
- Evaluate what we do with the routine collection of outcome data.
Threshold has over 70 staff and a turnover of over £2m, with funding provided by Health Care Trusts and NIHE’s Supporting People programme.
Why Threshold is supporting Boardroom Apprentice
Learning and development is part of the ethos of Threshold. The Management Committee would like to offer the opportunity for a Boardroom Apprentice to develop their skills in a supportive environment. The Management Committee recognises that taking part in the programme will be mutually beneficial.
Location of Board and Committee Meetings
North Belfast (e.g. Lansdowne Hotel, Belfast Castle) and online
Frequency and timing of board/committee meetings
Board and Committee meetings are held quarterly. Meetings take place during the day on Thursdays from 4pm. Board meetings are typically held in person, while Committee meetings are typically held via Zoom.
Date of Board Meetings (September 2023 – August 2024)
The Board (Management Committee) will meet on:
- Thursday 28th September 2023
- Thursday 14th December 2023
- Thursday 21st March 2024 (TBC)
- Thursday 20th June 2024 (TBC)
Committee of the Boards and meeting dates (September 2023 – August 2024)
The Audit and Risk Committee will meet on:
- Thursday 7th September 2023
- Thursday 30th November 2023
- Thursday 7th March 2024 (TBC)
- Thursday 6th June 2024 (TBC)