Our vision is a world where every story matters. A world where everyone, regardless of ability, background, or circumstances, should have access to the resources and opportunities to tell their story.
Our mission is; Using our unique multi-disciplinary approach to the art of storytelling Verbal works in partnership to enhance wellbeing among individuals and communities.
We do this by devising and developing high-quality and inclusive evidence-based creative storytelling programmes that;
- promote positive mental health and emotional wellbeing across all ages.
- challenge the assumptions and prejudices of everyday life that exist and cause conflict between different and diverse communities
- create a safe and nurturing environment to promote wellbeing
- shine a light on the “unseen” life circumstances of the vulnerable and marginalised
- encourage reconsideration of what is ‘taken for granted’
- “give voice” to new and better ways to improve quality of life.
Why the Verbal Arts Centre is supporting Boardroom Apprentice
To widen the diversity of membership.
Location of Board and Committee Meetings
Verbal Arts Centre, Derry and / or remotely through MS Teams
Frequency and timing of board/committee meetings
Board Meetings are held quarterly and take place during the day usually between 10am and 1pm.
Sub-committee meetings take place at other times – to be confirmed. Usually day time, in person and / or remotely
Date of Board Meetings (September 2022 – August 2023)
Fri. 18Nov22 (AGM & Strategy Day) – may be a full day
Committee of the Boards and meeting dates (September 2022 – August 2023)